Facets Academy Field Trips and In-school Sessions are a fun way to introduce students to diverse, global perspectives with films from our Chicago International Children's Film Festival.
How to book?
Book a field trip or in-school session today.
What are the benefits?
Our main goal is to inspire the next generation of creative, empathetic thinkers through independent film. This is a big task, but with over 30 years of practice we've perfected the approach.
- Exciting content: We curate artistically innovative, intellectually engaging international films that approach youth and the world they inhabit with emotional complexity.
- Facilitated engagement: Our media educators are trained to engage your students in pre- and post-screening discussions, and inspire them to explore far beyond the screen.
- The right tools: Our Group Screening Curriculum is aligned with Common Core and Fine Arts Standards, and gives you a range of activity and assessment options.
Your Field Trip or In-school Session package includes the screening program of your choice, pre- and post-screening media education, and our Group Screening Guide.
How much does it cost?
For full cost breakdown and enrollment details, download one of our pricing and enrollment.
- Field Trips Pricing and Enrollment Form [PDF]
- 25 or more: $6 /student
- Under 25: $7 /student
- In-school Pricing and Enrollment Form [PDF]
- Chicago: $8 /student
- Long distance (30+ miles from Facets): $10 /student
Chaperones attend free of charge based on an approximate 10:1 ratio of students to chaperonesthere is a $10 fee for each additional chaperone. Refreshment packages are available.